Touring Around Japan

When I'm not working on my research project, I like to get around Tokyo and see all that is has to offer. While I haven't been able to explore as much as I would like, I have been able to make significant progress on the sightseeing. After all, the subway lines make it very easy to traverse the city. I have included some of my favorite pictures below.

Okonomiyaki


Shibuya crossing(2,500 pedestrians crossing every time the signal changes)

 
Imperial Palace Gardens

 
Senso-Ji Temple

  
Tokyo Tower

  
Tokyo National Museum

  
Odaiba Island

  
Fireworks Festival

 
Pokemon Center

Shinkansen (Bullet Train)

  
Osaka

  
Osaka Castle

Time Capsule set to open 5000 years from now

  
Kinkaku-ji Temple in Kyoto

  
Arashiyama

  
Arashiyama Bamboo Forest

  
Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine


These are some of my favorite pictures since arriving in Japan and as you can see, the country is truly amazing. There is so much history in every single one of those temples you can't help but feel humbled by it all. Additionally, as you arrive in the more modern areas you are instantly captivated by the futuristic architecture and neon-lit skyline. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Tokyo

Seafood in Japan