Introduction to Tokyo

Add caption


5000+ miles across the world and 25 new friends from every corner in the globe, Tokyo has so far been an unforgettable experience that I am forever grateful to be a part of. Every day I have encountered something new and made new memories that I can't wait to share with family and friends back home. Not only has this experience made me grow as an individual through its never-ending language barriers and newfound independence unlike my college experience, but it has helped me progress in my academic career. Allowing me to do the research I have always dreamed of conducting: hypersonic space vehicles. 

My name is Roberto Rivas and I am a rising junior at Carnegie Mellon University studying Mechanical Engineering and I have the privilege of studying abroad this summer at the Tokyo Institute of Technology in Japan for ten weeks. During my stay in Tokyo, I will be taking a Japanese history and language course while conducting research on the next generation of space vehicles. Despite the busy schedule with courses and research, I have been able to explore a portion of the city (Tokyo is so massive I am not sure if ten weeks is enough to cover it all) and some of my favorite spots are the local parks spread randomly throughout the city. There you'll find small temples and many of the elderly enjoying nature while painting their surroundings. 



Thank you for reading I will be posting regularly about my experiences in Japan and can't wait to share them all with you.

Best,
Roberto Rivas













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seafood in Japan

Touring Around Japan